Skip to main content

Crafting up a Storm

Last night, I tried to go to bed early-ish (for me). As I did all my prep, I was thinking. I had a few issues coming up. I have a new doll head, an Iplehouse SID Storm. His name is Wes and when he has a face I'll put him up. Oh, the body is here at my place as well, but it belongs to Rosslyn (we did a split), but hopefully she won't mind sharing the body for awhile, until I can afford one of my own. Anyway, I was thinking just before bed--a dangerous past time, I know--that I needed more funds. Not even for dolly stuff, but for life stuff. And then I remembered something, and needless to say, sleep did not come for several hours after that, as I made plans and grew determined.

I have several half finished projects at home that I was working on to sell before the move. So I looked up etsy, and then I considered the doll market online on the Den of Angels forum. What I have is not being offered, but it is being asked for. Oh, not by many, but enough that they might sell. I'm visiting Rosslyn today, so while we craft I hope to have some small Yo-SD and MSD cloaks finished, more perfume bottles made, and the medieval dresses I made for Khorae finished. The dresses need closures and the nicer one needs trim. The trim can wait though.

I'm hoping to try some new batteries in my camera and see if the apple juice mishap really did destroy the camera or just the old batteries. I realized that I cannot sell things I have no pictures of. Hopefully Rosslyn's troll doll Stella will be willing to pose in a few of these cloaks. If the camera still won't work, then Rosslyn will hopefully be generous and allow me to take the pics with hers and put them on my USB. We can hope. More pics from before will soon be up! Just selecting which doll and which pics to post.

EDIT: Well, that didn't go quite as planned. I did finish the cloaks, but the dresses and cloaks need their closures still, and I did not make any of the perfume bottles. Foo. Soon, crafty items, sooooon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitty Blushing!

After the kitty's box opening, I left her in Rosslyn's hands to body blush. The next day, I began to receive photos texted to me. Isn't she adorable?! And then the eyes were added. I think Rosslyn took these pictures just to torment me. The kitty is being held by a Minifee, to give an idea of scale. I picked up the kitty the very next day and she's been frolicking on my shelves ever since!

Briar the Sorceress

Khorae's Mods! (Warning: Nude Doll)

Khorae is finally complete and put together! I've had her home, but was waiting on the pictures Rosslyn took of her before and after so I could have a detailed post for you all! Now, we begin with the modwork. To begin with, we posed her as she was before, posing as best she could. She could not even sit properly. This is as far up as she could sit and would fall backwards at the slightest provocation--or lack thereof. The pic below illustrates how far forward she could sit before the mods. Thew torso joint has no lock and the position is awkward.   Her face had it's own share of issues. The faceup itself was too painted on looking and now Rosslyn felt she could do much better and make the face more natural. Also, Khorae's eyelashes had gotten very crumpled and needed to be replaced. I'd already had her nose filed down, as you can see in the next two pictures. She has a second head now, which is still in the process of getting it's eyes closed, ears pierc