Skip to main content

Briar's Evolution Pics

Briar was the only doll I ever attempted a faceup on. She came to me blank and I was excited. I neglected one fact. I'd never worked in 3D media before. Never. I gave her perhaps four faceups (and multiple attempts for each one) before I got too frustrated with it all.
She has a serious face, and a very serious pout, so she was quickly quoting Shakespeare as Rosslyn's Nikos was getting his faun legs. She hated that fluff ball dandelion wig and pink dress, but for awhile, all I had for her was borrowed clothes and wigs. Soon, she borrowed a different wig and it was better.
I was making something for Khorae and when I turned around, Briar decided to have an elf-and-the-cobbler moment and do my sewing. So cute! I liked the red wig, but it wasn't her. The bangs were right, but that was all. Finally, we (Rosslyn, me, Briar, and Rosslyn's Pip) went shopping for something to make a wig out of.
Pip: Wheee! We's goin' on a car ried to da fabrik storr!
Briar: I's gonna be sick...
Briar: So...soft!
Pip: Can has...pusseewillow wig?
Briar: ......No.
Briar: I's worth more'n 5 cents. You can has button 'stead.
Needless to say, we did not find the material in the button bin. We did find it, though, and this is the final result! Also, at this point, I'd finally given her over to Rosslyn for a face. Such a little lady!
My little pouty girl. I love her so. Pukis make me happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kitty Blushing!

After the kitty's box opening, I left her in Rosslyn's hands to body blush. The next day, I began to receive photos texted to me. Isn't she adorable?! And then the eyes were added. I think Rosslyn took these pictures just to torment me. The kitty is being held by a Minifee, to give an idea of scale. I picked up the kitty the very next day and she's been frolicking on my shelves ever since!

The Cloaks Are Finished!

The cloaks I mentioned in the previous post are completely finished and posted on the DoA forums. I loved the pics taken. They make me wish I had a Fairyland Littlefee at home to wear them. So cute! Here are Rosslyn's dolls Stella and Scythe modeling the various cloaks: Overall, I'm very pleased with how they came out! If you would like to purchase one, go here . You do need to register to view the thread.

Briar's Outing with Pip

Rosslyn and I decided to go visiting a few stores and for this trip, we took the pukipukis with us. OUr first stop was Toys 'R Us! Briar liked the rabbit hutch and wanted to take home some bunnies. I reminded her she already has five pets at home. This particular dollhouse was fascinating to Pip with it's odd spiraling open door and music (yes, it played music), while Briar wanted to scare the princess. And we hit the Barbie section! Pip and Briar found no shortage of dolls their size and tried to join them. It didn't quite work with the "I Love Lucy" dolls... But they more than rocked it with "Charlie's Angels". I think this was my favorite pic from the whole trip. From Toys 'R Us we went to World Market and enjoyed the imported and antiques. I'm still not really sure what it is that Pip is hiding in. Popping out of lanterns. Ph the jokes about the toilet candy...Briar thinks they stink. LLAMA!! Llama llama...